We provide the following options for uploading files. Note that the maximum file size allowed is 500 MB.
How long does it take to upload?
- Drag ‘n Drop web page – no java required. To maintain folder structure while uploading multiple files, please put all files and folders into a single zip file before uploading.
- SSH – Secure file transfer protocol protects data during the upload process. Requires client software running on your computer (e.g. Cyberduck, WinScp). To configure, be sure to select ‘sftp’, then set the ‘host’ or ‘server’ setting to ‘sftp.uncommgroup.com’. Also, remember to send us an email with project instructions.
- Classic ftp – requires client software running on your computer (e.g. Cyberduck, Filezilla, Fetch). Configure the ‘host’ or ‘server’ setting to ‘ftp.uncommgroup.com’. Also, remember to send us an email with project instructions.
- Get your upload speed (in MB per minute). For a ballpark figure, use 6 MB per minute (home cable internet service) and jump to step2. To be more precise, follow this link, choose a location, and make note of the ‘upload speed’. Multiply this value by 7.5 to convert to MB per minute. (Don’t have a calculator handy? click here).
- Divide your file size (in megabytes) by your upload speed (from step 1) for total upload time (in minutes).